General Knowledge Questions
OUR weekly prize of one guinea for the best thirteen Questions submitted is awarded this week to Elsa B. Christy, Grey Friars, Ringwood, Hants, for the following :- Questions on Meals - 1. On what occasion did the partakers of a meal eat their plates ?
2. When was a banquet prepared only to be defiled by fabulous monsters ? 3. What meal exceeded what was demanded, and proved fatal to the guest ? . 4. What meal consisted of empty dishes ?
5. What feast was disturbed by a supernatural warning ?
6. What meal has become a byword for its immensity ?
7. Who pretended to fast till assured of the goodwill of his guest ?
8. What meal was inaugurated by a conflagration ?
9. Who ordered the principal dish at a meal to be served yearly ? - 10. At what meal did the host throw the food about the room ?
11. At what meal did the pudding smell first like a washing day, then like an eating-house ?, .
12. How did the Lady Jane propose to secure a succulent meal ?
13. Who thought lovingly of honey for teal
Answers will be found on page 64.