The " Spectator " Crossword No. 7
ACROSS 1. Epithet for the latest thea- trical fashion.
9. Indication of catty content.
10. Gnaw in pram for dry sheets.
II. Greek Don Quixote.
12. Part of England.
15. Pure or simple, according to • your politics.
18. He may have a narrow mind, but he has a big beginning.
20. Corner of beheaded friend of Puff.
21. Of birth in Africa.
44: Idled in coalition with a copper.
23. The last of a -dynasty.
24. Taken in disputes.
25. Gilbertian character who is • an upset advantage.
:M. The party confuses the Indian.
31. A deity in confusion about the beginning is native.
32. Disliked by certain Irish- men.
33. Man of letters who might be an Oxford scholar.
2. Fender's hearth.
Their -ness is shocking to me," said Alexander Selkirk.
4. This man might be cox.
5. Alternatively she-swan for 6. Ploughed by Lord Roseber3-. the painter.
7. Conquered, half punished undergraduate.
N. Greek Madan c Tussand.
13. A university graduate stands on his head to complete this puzzle, and to let off.
14. Lost sin (anag.).
15. Ader country makes for inertia. 16. Sackville made him a in i rror.
17. Epithet for one addressed by Canning. 18. To the left they blot the seutcheon.
23. If you can't afford it curtailed you may have to do it. • 26. _Mercantile end of sees' heads.
27. Principle of a eurt ailed chopper over a certain island.
29. She is equivalent to 1.760 yards. 30. Find this libertine in the garden.
SOLUTION OF CROSSWORD NO. 6 SOLUTION NEXT WEEK