12 JUNE 1830, Page 10



We have private letters from Paris, but no specific intelligence worthy of notice. Great excitement, in anticipation of the elec- tions, prevails. A new Ministry has been talked of, and the names that are to compose it have been published ; but our ac- counts lead us to discredit the rumour.

The Moniteur of Tuesday, gives a telegraphic despatch, with news of the expedition. The corvette the Dffigente arrived at Toulon on the morning of that day, left the Bay of Palma (Ma- jorca) on the 2nd. At the moment of its departure, the fleet was detained by contrary winds. All the ships had joined, and the whole were in the best possible order. A report of the death of our King affected the French Funds considerably on Thursday, but they recovered subsequently. There are German papers in town to the 6th, _giving an account of the reported treaty between France and Egypt relative to Barbary. The existence of this treaty has, however, been officially denied.

Private but authentic accounts from Windsor, this morning, state that his Majesty is much more free from pain, and that he was able to walk across his room yesterday. His appetite is oc- casionally good. There is not, however, the slightest prospect of recovery. The Court Circular, published in the papers of this morning, says—

His Majesty, it was understood, passed a more favourable night on Thursday night, than he has done for some weeks past. "Sir Henry Halford left the Palace last evening about six o'clock for London, and was not expected to return till this morning. This is the first time that Sir Henry has been absent from the Palace for a fortnight. Slr Matthew Tierney remained in attendance at the Palace during the day."

And the Times has the follswing paragraph.

"Windsor, Eight o'Clock Friday Evening. "Up to this time the King continues somewhat better than be was in

the morning. There do not appear to be such strong symptoms of imme- diate dissolution as there were a day or two since. As a proof, Sir Henry Halford has left to-night at six o'clock for London, and will not return to the Castle till the morning."