THE SPECTATOR" CROSSWORD No. 92
IA prize of a Book Token for one guinea will be given to the sender of the first correct solution of this week's crossword puzzle to be opened. Envelopes should be marked with the words "Crossword Puzzle" and the NUMBER of the PUZZLE, and should be received not later than first post on Tuesday week. No envelopes will be opened before noon on Tuesday. Solutions should be on the form appearing below. The name of the winner and the solution will be published in the following issue. Envelopes containing solutions must bear a zid. stamp, otherwise they are surcharged on delivery. Solu- tions from the U.S.A. cannot be accepted.]
ACROSS 1. 0 Miss, I return to the domestic! (13).
8. A saucy ship (8).
9. Directed by i across (6).
to. "But that two-handed - at the door, Stands ready to smite once, and smite no more" (Milton) (6).
r. Do wrong in the heavens (8).
12. If you can't find it anywhere else, it may be in the pie (6).
14. At first glance, one might think them a careless, lazy people (8).
16. - in Calydon" (8).
18. Wisdom provides an alterna- tive to a home (6).
20. Does it shoot saws? (2 words) (5, 3) 23. just crazy about Ena (6).
24. Powdered arena (6).
25. The way to cricket by Uwonrddesrrz ). Underground means (2
26. The raw material of a rare- bit? (13).
DOWN 1. Jean Pierre Brissot was one (9).
2. Wordsworth wrote a poem about this woodland pleasure
3. (Awake (5).
4. "If hopes were dupes, fears may be -" (Clough) (5). 5. Pot luck for a windfall (9). 6. Submerge (7) 7. It makes a bee so fat (5). 13. See danger in them (9). 14. "The gray - and the long black land: And the yellow half-moon large and low" (R. Browning) (3). 15. One of Antony's military friends (9). 17. "A purer passion, a lordlier -, A peace more happy than lives on land" (Swin- burne) (7).
19. Author of Colin Clout (7).
21. Golden (5). 22. This spoils a cue and dis- appoints a waiter (2 words) (2, 3). 23. He would be unhappy if he were able (5).