" THE SPEC1ATOR " CROSSWORD No. 192
[A. Book Token for one guinea will be awarded to the sender of the first correct solunon of this week's crossword to be opened after noon on Tuesday week. Envelopes should be received not later than first post that day and must bear the word "Crossword," she NUMBER of the puzzle and a 21d. stamp. Solutions must be on the form below, and none can be accepted from the U.S.A. The solution and the name of the winner will be published in the following issue.]
1. I pine at entry,-of would!
9. Rows on the courts?
10. A poem to Catherine perhaps.
11. Model adoptions.
13. Unlike the writing on the wall.
/4. Sympathetic inquiry of one snake to another at Slough.
17. "Beneath whose - hand we hold Ii. Through which one may be given a Dominion over palm and pine"
20. They may be in at times.
2. Loops back.
24. One of the people painted by Millet.
25. The reporter self-introduced. 27. Foreboding.
1. A Dickens figure who contemptu- ously takes a little food.
2. She was born in France.
3. " - of Flora and the country- green, Dance and Provencal song." (Keats.) 4. It's hired to the hangman, perhaps.
5. Mute gents in coverings. 6. It might go off if it changed Its head. course one
7. But the bird doesn't get the whole of it in i .
8, 23. Despairing cry of the too fat.
12. Newly built, perhaps, but the foundations don't seem too good. IA. Plane results.
16. Definitely not an outsider.
18. Subsequently an article.
19. Composer. 21. It's human (2, 3). 26. Mixed dish for the printer.