al A CELLAR OF N WINE
THE PRIZES WILL INCLUDE:
Armand Riesling Kabinet 1996, Germany Modern-style outstanding German wine. They've even gone on the lengths of eschewing the traditional indecipherable label. Boldly flcrvoured with bags of Classic Riesling fruit, but with a crispness that makes it Perfect with food.
Franciscan Pinnacles Pinot Noir 1996, California Californian Pinot is an excellent alternative to Burgundy, especially if fruit is your priority. This one has complex aromas of cherry and strawberry fruit with underlying earthy tones. Elegant and supple with mild tannins and 0 smoky finish.
Fleurie dos des Grands Fers 1995, Domcrine Bernard, Beauioiais Serious Beaujolais! Bernard's Fleurie does not display the soft laubblegum, fruit juice, easy-drinking characteristics normally associated with the region. It's more like good, rich red Burgondy as a result of unusually low yields of old vine Gamay fruit. (Fine Wine shops only)
WIN A WINE CELLAR - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Tne prise draw is spun to resident, of England,. Scotland and Wales. aped IN years ond over. Ensployees of The Spectator and Oddbins. their subsidiaries, members of hor 1ink+111^-0, ifgeneles or nnyone else directly involved with the draw rout's' 0iigthle to enter.
• Readers must unneet our different original Win, wine cellar' tokints out of the '60 Published and send them ingather with a completed appllowinn loon to the PM-enter at The Spaelater, PO hoot, HArtRow, kfirldiesax, ILO. 203. Tim first token "Ube available in the issue of The Spectator dated October 0, 1997. The remaininI, tokens sth isu erehlished In subsequent issues published between October 11. and Noventher N, 1907 inclusive. No purchase neeessary. The current uncles .token not he collected In person from the Promoter at the addruis Wow. Alternatively to °Ethan, a free token ROI et stomped sddressed envelop. to "Sgeetntor Wind Promotion" at the Promoter's address below. Photocopies of tokens will not be "00Pted.
The Musing date for receipt of entries and tokens is midnight, Friday. Isinvemher 21, 10.017 and the from will tithe place on November 25, 1997.
• Nu resnonsibiling can be taken for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the pObl. N.A of Posting will out he accented as pniof of delivery.
me Prise par entrant will be awarded and the winner will be the AM entry awn at random Inen all theme TeCCI,X1. The sendem of the next twu entries will email reeeive M. mixed cases of wine and the senders of the next three entries will meh receive one mixed cost of wine.
• Winners will he invited to participate in publicity • All 'sateen,, will be sent disonunt vouchers Ion described obtosel twin,n litio.mbot • lUltes urn as derailed, not transfusable and there is no tnish alternative.
• 'Ittii0tu enter tarns part of these tenna and conditions. It luonondltlon of CIILTY LI'01 011 entrants agree to abide by boo, rules. The decision or the Judges is find and torreapandenec will be entered into.
• first prise conduit the winner to receive a seduction of wines . up to the value
hors Oddhins list. The SLWOnd and third prism comprise 12 bottle CRAGS of wuth thatalninP n selection ni wines also chosen from Oddbins lint.
P finnoter, The Spectatnr118281 Ltd 59 Doughty &reel, London %TIN 2LI.. YOU COULD WIN 300 BOTTLES (25 OASES) OF SPECIALLY SELECTED WINE FROM ODDBINS' EXTENSIVE LIST, OR ONE OF FIVE RUNNERS-UP PRIZES IN THE SPECTATOR'S FREE TO ENTER COMPETITION. CLASSIC EUROPEAN WINES HAVE BEEN INCLUDED ALONG WITH THE BEST FROM THE NEW WORLD FOR THE PRIZES FROM ODDBINS, THIS YEAR'S
WINNER OF WINE MERCHANT OF THE YEAR AWARD.
"No other shop chain mixes style, energy and commercialism with such a beguiling blend of
insouciance and professionalism." WINE Magazine, The International WINE Challenge was once memorably described as 'the Oscars of the wine trade'. Oddbins has been sweeping the board winning the prestigious Wine Merchant Of The Year award for the third consecutive year and for an unprecedented eighth time over the last decade. The reasons for this outstanding success are it's eclectic range of wines from all corners of the vinous world, a unique image perfectly captured by the weird and wonderful illustrations of Ralph Steadman and friendly and knowledgeable staff that are simply second to none. The whole package " simply blew away the competition."
HOW TO ENTER All you have to do is collect four tokens from the six that will be published in The Spectator magazine, and send them, along with a completed entry form, to The Spectator 'WIN A WINE CELLAR' competition, P.O.Box 6, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2FJ Tokens will be published for 6 consecutive weeks in The Spectator issues dated Oct 4th, Oct 11th, Oct 18th, Oct 25th, Nov 1st and Nov 8th 1997. (Closing date Fri 21st Nov) PLUS SAVE 15% OFF A CASE OF WINE FROM ODDBINS . Everyone who enters the competition will receive a discount voucher entitling them to 15% off the price of a case of wine from Oddbins (maximum of 3 cases). These vouchers can be used at any of Oddbins stores around the country.
ENTRY FORM Name Address Postcode
Are you a Spectator subscriber. Yes 1=1 No E Return this farm plus 4 tokens to: win a altar of Wine Competition, THE SPECTATOR, PO Box 6, HARROW, Middlesex HA]. 2FJ