General Knowledge Competition Tim prize of one guinea which the
Editor offers weekly for the best thirteen-General Knowledge Questions (with answers) is awarded to Mr. Arthur E. Shaw for the following : Bible Questions from the Old Testament
1. Who referred to Egypt as a " land that floweth with intik and honey " ?
2. What king never saw the city in which he died ?
3. Who rode round the walls of Jerusalem by night ?
4. What prophet considered it would be a sin if he omitted to pray for his nation ?
5. What ladies are mentioned in connexion with the rebuilding of the walls of a city ?
6. What cities were erected with building materials taken from another city ?
7. Who is the only priest of Baal mentioned by name ?
8. What man, belonging to the tribe of Judah, and of character, has left nothing on record but a short prayer ?
9. When was a heap of stones used as a dining table ?
10. What man, after a severe adliction, was greatly blessed by God ?
11. What captive king was restored to his kingdom in consequence of repentance and prayer ?
12. Who married his aunt ?
13. The advance of the British Army into Palestine in 1917 was made through the-southern part of the country. Why was not that route chosen for-the Israelites after their delivertwee from Egypt-1 Answers will be found on page 159.