Shrewsbury School Register, 1734 - 1905. Edited by the Rev. J. E.
Auden. (Woodall, Minshall, and Co., Oswestry.)—This is a corrected edition. The years 1734-1798 are represented by about twelve pages, The register began with Dr. Samuel Butler in 1798. But he did not keep it with exact care, and his successor, B. H. Kennedy, kept no register at all. The names are recovered from school-lists. H. W. Moss succeeded in 1866, and his forty- four years of office—three Head-Masters account for the un- precedented amount of a hundred and ten years—occupy more than half of the total number of pages.