"The Spectator" Crossword No. 3 6
(A prize of one guinea will be given to the sender of the first correct solution of this week's crossword pu=le to be opened. Envelopes should be marked "Crossword Puzzle," and Ahould be received not later than first post on Tuesday. No etwelopes will be opened before noon on Tuesday. The name of the a inner will be published in our next issue.]
1. An animal comes first in King Arthur's court.
5. Famous Nights made by the first letter in a Trollope character.
9' Science catered for at South
11. "Or, Little by-Little."
12. Kind of Red Indian.
13. Gilbert character with a temperance flavour.
16. Give evidence.
17. Poured out.
18. Roman, not Irish, play- wright. 21. Make believe.
24. Fruit. • 25• Flat palindrome.
211 The vehicle goes back into the market.
29. "With a sense of deep I approach this painful cage" (Gilbert).
30. First the lady,- then the remainder, on the mountain.
31. Evidently well-armed foot- ball club.
32. Not the sort of first ball we like to receive.
1. A little Tory on a shelter is happy.
2. Church service.
3. "I am older than you, and must know better," it said to Alice.
4. Scene of the tragedy is
• Thc Critic.
5. Gave his name to an Oxford
6. The end of a collapse.
7. Equal - footed beasts, evidently.
8. Maria threatened to gull Malvolio into this.
14. Of the Ephesians Or cross• ways.
19. " - Caesar never knew, thy posterity shall sway."
21. No absent gift.
22: The home of the earwig ? 23. The negro Gas Company official came to inspect this goddess.
27. 51 on the beast.
28. Iolanthe, or the Peer and the-.