" THE SPECTATOR" CROSSWORD No. 151
lA prize o, a Book Token for one guinea will be given to the sender of the first correct solution of this week's crossword puzzle to be opened. Envelopes should be marked with the words " Crossword Puzzle " and the NUMBER of the PUZZLE, and should be received not later than first post on Tuesday week. No envelopes will he .pened before noon on Tuesday. Solutions should be on the form appearing belo:c. The name of the winr ir and the solution will be published in the follow- sn- issue Envelopes containing solutions must bear a aid. stamp, otherwise they are surcharged on delivery. Solutions from the U.S.A. cannot be accepted.]
- ACROSS t. Tights, fool, in these. And certainly in front of them. 9. Miss Yonge's dove is found in this nest.
to. A plant for the R.M.L.I.? ii. Inter alia and so you get the ancient god. 12. Can Pa rhyme in a botannical term?
20. Sub-title for " When it was Dark " (2 words) (6, 3).
21. This would make you stare or alternatively shut your eyes.
23. It's a rum go when spliced. 26. A student of it certainly has his head in the air. . Almost a poet-incredible!
2. A man of principle. . But it certainly doesn't need a clever cook to make it, 4. No opals, sir (anag ) DOWN
2. Oats I get from Rome.
3. " Unhead they work, unseen they win, That is the custom of The " (Kipling). 4. Referring to an Egyptian god- dess.
5. Fervently. 6. Wine for backward donkeys. " .. she comes In shape no bigger than an stone On the forefinger of an alder- man " (Shakespeare).
k Dough thought they might be liars in certain circumstances.
2. A friend is allowed to make the bed.
3. Excellent- as a stew, but it makes for rage when in por- tions.
14 and 24. These toads are com- mon in Europe.
15. Member of the Kuklux Klan in the nursery?
16. Not Portia, though a lady of the courts.
17. His patrons mas well have said to him, "For this relief much thanks."
18. Her ladyship's abroad.
19. How the Germans in Russia would like to be clad, one deduces.
24. See 14.
25. A choice lot, though bad.
26. Song in an afterthought.
27. A shield for Chloe.
28. " Begins to bloom for sons of night, And who love the moon " (Moore).
29. This is found in the book that he irresponsibly wrote. 3o. The novice's claw.