3 DECEMBER 1887, Page 25

The Church of the Holy Trinity, Long Melford. By E.

Lauriston Condor. (E. Davy and Sons.)—This handsome volume contains a history of the Parish Church of Long Mefferd, as it was and as it is. The present edifice was completed towards the end of the fifteenth century, and robbed as it is of much of its old splendour, ranks high among the churches of England. Even East Anglia, the land of ffere churches, has not many to match it. Mr. Condor tells its story, and illustrates it by drawings of its elevations, its windows, monuments, Pm A doleful tale is that of the spoliation of the days of Edward VI. Three hundred and forty pounds' weight of brasses were sold for fifty-three shillings