SOLUTION TO CROSSWORD NO. 140
OiZIY Nil AINIDI I I Ai SI SI I I EI E R STMAIUrni I IN PI RI 0 I AI I IMI SI E NI T HI 01M. AI LI LIT BI TI A CI E MITT A II AI CIH RI El S I I S LI AIN
rl RI I I El RIU
PIT CII CIA EIHINI RI Al E R
KIT"rWITKI N Ul I alLii CI S I f-112JSIT BI E, R
DOWN 1. Wave-motion used for a cleaning of the back ?
2. Embossed ornaments in low relief.
3. This machine is almost late.
4. Shakespearian King. 6. rev. 2/3 of 31.
6. This becomes angry without the ends of 12.
8. In gaze.
9. Fish that belies its angelic name.
11. He who jests at this has never felt a wound.
13. rev. Cupbearer of Olympus. 15. "my lady fair the conjuror plays This very night : good angels her deceive !
But let me laugh awhile, I've . . . time to grieve." 17. Slang for a Canadian.
22. What American hot dogs do ?
24. rev. Drunken revel.
25. rev. "In a sieve I'll thither sail,
And, like a rat without a tail, I'll . . I'll . . ., and 27. The grain in 14.
28. One is slightly confused. 30. You see ?
33. rev. In FL 34. Vowels.