The New Competition Tax editor offers a prize of £5
for a list of the eight foremost poets of English literature and another list of the four best living poets. The competitor whose two lists come nearest to the popular verdicts will be adjudged the winner.
RULES FOR COMPETITORS.
1. All entries must be received, on or before Friday, May 20th.
2. Competitors may send in as many entries as they wish, but each entry must be accompanied by one of the coupons to be found on page 827 of this issue.
3., The name and address (or the pseudonym) of every com- petitor must be written clearly at the foot of his manuscript.
4. The Editor cannot return any manuscript submitted for the competition, nor can he enter into correspondence with competitors.
5. The Editor reserves the right of printing any manuscript submitted.
6. Envelopes must be addressed : Competition, the Spectator, 13 York Street, Covent Garden, London, W.C. 2.