General Knowledge Questions
Oust weekly prize of one guinea for the best thirteen Questions submitted is awarded this week to Mr. George L. Ferguson, 14 Montgomerie Quadrant, Glasgow West, for the following
Questions on Man and Woman
Who wrote the following
1. " He was a man, take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again." 2.." He is a fool, who thinks. by force or skill,
To turn the current of a woman's will."
3. " I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning." 4. " The woman that deliberates is lost."
5. "I could have better spared a better man."
6. " Man's love, is of mane life a thing apart ; 'Tis woman's whole existence."
7. " The proper study of mankind is man."
8. "Men, some to business, some to pleasure take, But every woman is at heart a rake."
9. " An honest man's the noblest work of God."
10. " That man that hath a tongue, I say, is no man, If with his tongue he cannot win a woman."
11. " What's man with all his-boast of -sway ? Perhaps the tyrant of a day." - -12. " Sigh-no more, ladies, sigh no more ; - - Men were deceivers ever." - -- 13. " And yet, believe me, good as well as ill, Woman's at best a contradiction still."
Answers will lie -fmnid- on ,page 820: